Why Investing in Birmingham now, is a once in a generation opportunity…
Our spotlight is shining on the UK’s second city with focus on the city’s regeneration programme. The Birmingham Smithfield project is one of the largest, most attractive city centre development sites in the UK.
Birmingham city council launched the £500 million regeneration plan of a 14-hectare site, at the heart of its city centre. It represents a once in a generation opportunity to deliver a unique destination for the city, which builds on the area’s rich heritage and focus for retail markets; making it an investment goldmine.
The Smithfield master plan overview
- The ten-year plan will see the redevelopment of 14 hectares of prime city centre land
- The site will deliver over 100,000 sq. metres of floor-space, 1,000 new homes and 3,000 new jobs, adding £470 million GVA to the local economy and attracting millions more visitors to the region
- The plan will see the creation of a unique destination that includes vibrant retail markets, an exciting new family leisure quarter and new residential neighbourhoods
- The launch of the plan marks the start of extensive public consultation as the city seeks to deliver a legacy development
The site will capitalise on the area’s rich history, proximity to major retail offerings (which attracts over 40 million visitors a year, spending £2 billion on the local economy), creative quarter and knowledge hub, and the future terminus for HS2.
The vision includes vibrant new retail markets, family leisure facilities, cultural buildings, a residential neighbourhood, public squares and transport facilities. The project aims to deliver 300,000 square metres of new floor space and 2,000 new homes with an investment value of over £500 million.
The major landowner, the City Council, has prepared a detailed masterplan to create an unprecedented legacy for the people of the city that stands the test of time as an international exemplar of sustainable development.
Smithfield will be set within a vibrant new area, featuring high quality pedestrian and cycle routes, and a series of new public spaces. This includes Market Square, the focal point for the site, around which the markets and family leisure quarter will be located.
The 14 hectare site is expected to create over 100,000 sq. metres of new floors pace, 1,000 new homes and 3,000 new jobs, adding £470 million GVA to the local economy and attracting millions more visitors to Birmingham.
The city’s Midland Metro tram system will be integrated into the site and bring Birmingham Smithfield within minutes of the proposed high-speed rail (HS2) terminus at Curzon nearby. Further enhancements to public transport facilities for the site will also be delivered.
Smithfield Square from £159,995
- Innovative payment plans
- Excellent capital appreciation
- Stunning 1, 2 & 3 bedroom apartments
- Located in a high demand area for rental
- Part of the Smithfield masterplan
- Hands-off investment